Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Don't overlook your local NAPA. yu may have to do a little research or parts comparison to other makes and models, but you can usually find parts like that there.

I personally think Rosser is over priced. I prefer:

Krage motorsport: http://www.jeepdoc.com Great prics and tech advice

There are tons more like quadratec, and 4WD hardware, Rustys. just do a search for Jeep parts, and don't forget Ebay motors! great for used parts.

Brent

·
Registered
341 Posts
four wheel drive hardware www.4wd.com
quadratec www.quadratec.com
turner 4wd www.thejeep.com
4x4 restore www.4x4restore.com
j&w autowreckers www.jwjeep.com boneyard, GREAT for hard parts used in mods.
tom woods driveshafts www.4xshaft.com

as far as yoke u-bolts, try your local parts store that stocks the motormite help parts. the u bolt that will fit a drilled out d35 yoke is labeled for fords, and i dont have the part number on hand its at home. buttloads of odd parts that you only need in once in a blue moon, but sometimes those motormite parts are a lifesaver

·
Registered
341 Posts
ok......found the part number for the d35 u-bolts that you can get from motormite's help parts. the package will be labelled for fords, but its part number 81004. i think they come as singles....i cant remember. but thats the part number i found that will fit a drilled out d35 yoke.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rock_Monkey, is there a "beefer" yoke that fits in the d35 that comes pre-setup for the u-bolts... it's not that I don't want to drill but if I can spend some more $ for a stronger yoke I`d rather do that too, and fix the yoke breaking problem as well....

If not thanks for the info, and I`ll be getting me a couple sets of those babys!!

What yokes do you run?
What U-JOINTS do you run?

·
Registered
341 Posts
i dont know if the yoke is the same for straps or u-bolts with the exception of the holes. i just ordered me a yoke to fit mine, and drilled it out on a drill press. matched the u-bolts by eye before i opened the pack. bought em, and its like they were made for each other.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I want to do this to a new yoke as well... where did you purchase the YOKE and U-BOLTS from? (Website Please if available!! If not... 'parts store' that may be local to me...)

Oh what year do you have since yoke size does change...

Mine's a 94 running a 93 size yoke.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
i have 1310 u-joints so i hafta use the smaller u-joint.

i got my yoke from 4wd hardware, but any parts place should be able to get the one you want.

here's a link to the off-road article for jeep driveshafts and yoke mods.

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/axle/aub.html

the u-bolts i eye-balled until i found the right set, but the 81004 motormite's will do the trick. if you get the spicer part number, they'll come in pairs. the spicer 2-94-28x's are for the d30 yokes when drilled out. the article spells it all out. but thx for the question.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.