Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally decided on how to lift my postal. The rear is SOA (from the factory), and I will use a combo of extra stock lift blocks and a couple of extra leafs in the spring pack. I've got another postal that I can scavenge them from. In the front I plan on cutting the (hollow) axle tube, rotating it 180 degrees so the spring perches are on top (Spring over!!)and using stock springs. I was only looking for 2 inches, but It looks like I might end up with three or four. I will need to extend the brake hoses. What can I use without going to aftermarket stuff? Is there a car or truck with stock hoses that are longer? What should I look for other than length, obviously? Is there a standard diameter or fitting size? You guys are the master swappers and I have faith that you will come through for me once again.

--Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs at you.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I went to Napa, and the guy looked up the ends I needed, then flipped thru his book and found the longest ones that matched. They were 22" long compared to the 15" of stock. Turns out to be from an early chevy p/u.

pbm
74 cj5,304,t18,2.46 ts d20,30f,44r,soa,MORE buggy front,35's,Rci's,5pt,full cage,air,etc.

Support Search and Rescue.......Get Lost! /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just checking out the suzuki board and they mentioned that they double up the rear lines and someone was using front lines from a suzuki swift-20" long. I'll check that out tomorrow, see if it's compatible. Maybe just double up the front lines, too, since I've got two pairs of everything. Is this safe?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I think doubling the rear lines is common on Toyota p/u's as well. Other than another connection to possibly leak, it should be okay.

pbm
74 cj5,304,t18,2.46 ts d20,30f,44r,soa,MORE buggy front,35's,Rci's,5pt,full cage,air,etc.

Support Search and Rescue.......Get Lost! /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pbm, thanks for the info. I'll try that too./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts