Off Roading Forums banner

where to buy tierod boots

919 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  pontiac58 
#1 ·
As i was putting the steering back together on the 44 i noticed that the boots are torn from the pickel fork. Anyway pepboys dont have them in the help section and i cant get them from the local parts store. Does daystar or one of those poly companys make them for one of the color kits. Thanks for any help.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

#6 ·
Anybody else have any ideas. Most places have them but they are for the stock d30 tierods. I need the d44 tierods. I called napa and they said no they cant get them. i know someone on here has gotten them before.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

G
#7 ·
Are you giving them your Jeep year and model etc?? They seem to be lost if they can't have the exact year/engine etc..for a wheel nut. Ask for the year the axle came from, like from a 77 scout, or wagoneer. If that doesn't work just take the old one down to where ever and ask to sift through the inventory.

JAY 75 CJ-5

G
#8 ·
I've found that the urethane boots only come in 3 sizes. The medium size fit mine well. They stretch.
Regards,
Josiah

Hillsboro, OR
1955 Willys CJ5 Buick 225 V6 160HP 270ft-lbs, T90 trans, Warn OD, PTO winch, Spicer 18 T Case, RS9000's, Dana 25F/ 44R,
5.38:1 gears, 11" brakes, Bestop Supertop, Hurculiner

#9 ·
55CJ5 where did you get your urathane boots from. The only ones i can find are only for the small tierods.

EJMAMMO when i called my local napa they told be they dont carry and we cant order just the boots. And yes i know the deal about telling them what it was from. Been there done that before. If you ever want to get some dumb looks from the parts guy. Try telling him you need a starter solonied for a 1962 dodge power wagon with a flat head 6 in it.

G
#10 ·
I got them at a local auto parts store, called Baxter. They had them in red and black. If you get desparate I can go get you some and mail them to you if you send me a check and the dimensions of the hole you need on each end. email me offline at fifty5willys@juno.com

Regards,
Josiah

Hillsboro, OR
1955 Willys CJ5 Buick 225 V6 160HP 270ft-lbs, T90 trans, Warn OD, PTO winch, Spicer 18 T Case, RS9000's, Dana 25F/ 44R,
5.38:1 gears, 11" brakes, Bestop Supertop, Hurculiner

#11 ·
i have a couple of more places to try. One of them is 4 wheel parts and wholesalers (which is my last restort). If none of them come through i will need your help. Thanks for offering.

#12 ·
Hey thanks for the offer but i did manage to find them. Get this at the local jeep/offroad store. Duh I didnt think they would have them since they never have what i want. Again thanks for the offer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.