Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making definite headway on the trailer project. The axle is ordered, the aluminum for the frame is being cut and measured, the lights are on their way, the springs are ready to go, I'm working on the spring hangers/shackles, and I just re-wired all the taillights on the jeep so I know that they all work properly and are ready for a trailer harness. But I have no tires. I see a lot of posts on the wanted board about guys looking for tires, but there aren't a whole bunch of replies. I just need a few 32 or 33 inchers for the trailer and a spare...and since they're just going on the trailer, I don't want to drop a bundle on them. Shipping would be prohibitively expensive, so where does one look for used tires? Any ideas? Or even better, anyone looking to buy new tires that would want to sell their old, worn 32/33s (in the Chicago area)?

Deano

Trying to come up with a witty line to end all of my posts...

·
Registered
605 Posts
I know of several tire shops around here that sell used tires. Also try scrap yards. One near me has a whole building full of used tires and rims.
You might be pretty hard pressed to find used 32 or 33 inchers though...
Check your local 4x4 clubs too...

-C

'79 CJ-7

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Just go to any tire store and look in their use tire pile or go to a yard and get them on the correct rim too. usually about $10 tire . I bought all five from a 98 toyoya truck with rims mounted $75

brownbagg

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Open up the YELLOW PAGES and take a look and you should find tons of used tires shops. Find a shop that buys in bulk from germany, where by law they must replace the tires once they reach a certain tread depth (about 1/3 tread left) and you'll get a good price on them. My latest score came from Allied Tires when the Used Tire shop failed to show up to pay and take all the tires they had stacked up in the back of the store. I grabbed 4 33x12.50x15 BFG MTs for $10. Thats $2.50 a tire! One was really bald but the other 3 were in 'fair' shape- perfect trailer shape! I'm runnig brand new 31" Dueler MTs so I wont be using these tires as anything but spares for my friends or maybe if I score another 4x4 prject...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most tire shops have to pay to get rid of their old tires. So they usually will be glad to sell them. I got a 33" spare "worn out" tire for free. It holds air that was all I was worried about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.