Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of getting the parts to have a set of custom axles made for a TJ and I'm wondering if anybody has a experience getting the suspension brackets to weld onto the housings? Right now the only option that I know of is buying the heavy duty bracket kits from RE. If their work is really that good and its worth it, then I won't mind paying the the $400 for the front set and $300 for the back set, but that just seems like a lot of money for hunks of metal. Does anyone else sell the brackets? I don't feel like cutting them off my stock axles since I want to sell them, plus transplanting the driver's side upper arm mount might get annoying since its like part of the cast centersection.
Any ideas?

Mike
99TJ - Tucson, AZ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rubicon express has front and rear weld ons for the tj (complete kits) part number #RE9969 for the rear 299.95 and part number#RE9968for the front 399.95 plus shippingand tax and they are much thicker than factory brackets ,they will fit on dana 44,60 and ford 9" go to www.rubiconexpress.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that for a TJ dana 44 housing with the brackets or a dana 35 housing with brackets?
Email me please.
Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Whoa- is everyone here tryping about the spring perches? My friend has a behemoth '78 Wagoneer that cost him $250 and came stock. He doesn't have $1000 into it yet and runs 36s. After hacking out the fenders, we did a front SOA with local auto-jerks store perches for about $50 and they looked pretty beefy. Put 3" blocks in the rear, but will conver to some stiff add-a-leaves to control spring-wrap back there. I believe he got them at Discount or Autozone, and they were much stronger than the stock units

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.