Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the stuff that comes with lift kits? would home depot or a REAL hardware store carry them?

·
Registered
200 Posts
My local home depot does not carry grade 8 stuff. The local ace hardware is where I get my grade 8 nuts and bolts.

Brian

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
farm and fleet or ace around here.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Home Depot carries Grade 3, it doesn't even have marks on the head. I get mine from a truck parts store or we have a local nut and bolt store that supplies factories. He has everything.

G

·
Literally in your back yard....I think the place is called Little Rock Bolt...look in the phone book. I thought their prices were cheap for Grade 8 stuff when I was over there...as long as you know the diameter and length, they likely have it. Lots of industrial shops over there too. I think they are over near Markham or Univ....does that sound familiar?

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks birddog! i looked them up and they're out near geyer springs.... if the local hwd str doesnt have the goodies then i'll try them

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm, good question havack... the secret will be revealed tomorrow

birddog, you da man! i went over to LR Bolt and get 10 grade 8 bolts and nuts, AND 6 screws for my lockout all for under 5 bucks! that place kicks some asss!

havack, 2 warn premiums are in the mail! expect them in 2 days... hell they're probably already in memphis
everything you need to convert to them should be in there, post pics of the swap!

that's all for now, if i finish my super secret project tonight i'll put up the pics for all to see

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Nylok nuts?

nope, just regular nuts with some weird markings on them. i asked the guy what max torque i could put on them and he said 85 lb ft, i'm assuming he meant 850 lb ft so i'm going to get them really tight
i know they're easily good for 150, so that's what i'll do em up to. but i wonder what exactly i'm doing with them?????? stay tuned to find out

G

·
Theres a little bald man that sits in the back room of LR Bolt stamping those imported bolts with 5 notches....I think thats why their stuff is pretty cheap - I know you need to hear that after staying up till 3 working on your project...I also found a place that sells mining equip about 7 minutes from LRB that has shackles (and not that Chinese crap!!!!!) up to the size of a boat anchor and other recovery gear...I dont recall the name, but its over by all the recycling areas in a way bad part of town.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how did you know i was going to be up til 3 working on this project? i just stopped for the night and (weird!) it's 3 am! anyway, that place sounds cool, i'll try to figure out what it's called and go browse their selection. gr.8 is way overkill for light truck stuff anyway, a grade 5 bolt would probably rip through the frame before it'd break so i'm not that concerned even if some bald man painted these bolts gold and put 5 (i think these actually have 6) notches on the head.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts