Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find an aftermarket tach to fit in the factory hole? Preferably a digital. Also an aftermarket clock for the factory whole

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AutoMeter and VDO are the two biggies that come to mind. That exact size, I'm not sure...but if their out there check those companies for after market. 4 wheel drive hardware has stock gauges for Jeeps, but nothing digital!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I recently put a 4.0 HO motor in my 83 Cj and had to replace the factory tach. I looked everywhere for a replacement to fit the hole and came up empty. Bought a autometer 2 5/8 mini tach # 2891 which reads 0-6000. When I got it was disappointed because if I mounted it in the dash I wouldn't be able to see the top half of the gauge because of the bezel sticking out. So I put it in my Blazer, and bought a autometer #1498, which is a 3 1/8" in dash tach reads 0-7000. This tach has no bezel sticking out and the glass is domed to prevent reflections. It looks great in the dash. It has a red pointer you can get it with a white pointer also. Also you can get them with the white face. This tach has worked out great for me. Bad news is you have to make the hole bigger in the dash, but some careful work with a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel and some fine tuning with a round file makes it fit perfect and looks great. Not cheap(I got mine thru Summit racing for about $100) but you can't beat autometer quality.

Greg
89 XJ, 83 CJ-7, 79 Blazer, 67 CJ-5

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.