Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 33x12.50 Super Swampers on an 8 inch rim. Instead of buying new rims, I am considering whether or not to get the Spidertrax Wheelspacer kit for the back spacing I need. Is anyone using this, if so what about stress related problems?

·
Registered
338 Posts
A set of four of those spacers is $210. I am pretty sure you could get a set of wheels custom built to your offset for that much.

Lonny - Redmond, WA
87' Stomper, 1.6 EFI, SOA, Missing Links, Z-bar Eliminator, 5.125RP, 4.16TC, lockers, bead locks and 33" Boggers
http://www.mystomper.com

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You can buy 4 spacers for about $200 + shipping (unless they have gone down) or you can buy 4 rims with 2" to 2 & 1/2" back spacing for around $180 + higher shipping costs. Which makes more sense for you? I don't already have $600 or more invested in rims, so I'd buy the wheels.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same set up, I went to Discount Tire here in town and they can order me new stell wagon wheels 15x10, 5.5 bolt pattern for 37.00 each and install the tire to them.. Sweeeeet!

The stock 8" pulls the beads in too much (I am told).

86' SPOA 33x12.5, 2.5" body lift, ALWAYS work in progress.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
either way........ you'll be spending money. so you have to decide what's best and if future mods still require
the rims or spacers. I am using one inch spacers myself all around. makes no difference in stress as far
as i can see as no matter what you put on, either spacers of high offset rims, you'll still put the bearings at some stress.

JKing
Suzuki Samurai (known as Jimny SJ413 in Asia)
K&N Air Filter, Shackle Lift, Larger Than Stock Tires, 1" Wheel Spacers, Driving & Spot Lamps, Tokico Shocks
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.