Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone please help. Have a 92 KC 4x4-ka24. Want to put 31x10.50x15 tires on. I have the stock 15x6 chromespokes. Some tire shops are willing to mount 31's on 6" wheels others are not. Is it safe. If I must swap wheels, what other truck wheels will fit the nissan( toyota, chevy, etc). just got this truck and love it. Had toyota before. So much more truck than toyota

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you can put 31's on 6 inch rims but i do not recommend it either. the tire ends up being too rounded at the tread, and wears weird. if you could find a used 15x7 inch stock nissan alloy at a yard you could measure the backspacing of it and find wheels that are the same or close. i ended up with a set of 4 used factory alloys to save the hassle. good luck. your truck will look and drive much better with 31's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 31s on my factory 6" rims and they look great. I keep them rotated about every 8K mi. and they have yet to wear irregularly. However, they do not ride quite as well. They are very hard to balance on this size rim. If you have the money, get the bigger rim. If not, go ahead and get the tires.

sb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
appreciate it! I've got my eye on some 15x7 toyota chromespokes. Anyone know if lug pattern/backspacing will work. It looks like it will.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chevy rims will fit also, and if you go to a steel rim you'll be able to find a much wider variety of off-sets and backspacing, not to mention cheap!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Remember God forgives "ROCK'S DON'T" /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gentlemen, I appreciate the info. Don't know what I'd do without the bbs. Noone in TN knows anything about nissan. I've only had mine 2 months and wouldn't trade it for another toyota. keep the faith!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have some factory nissan 15x7 alloys that are only taking up space in my garage. they are brand new....make me an offer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in TN and I know a little about Nissan. But you're right. Since The Frontier and Xterra are made in TN you would think they would have a better following here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have used stock Toyota Wheels and 31" tires on My nissan and they fit fine. However the Nissan rim wouldnt fit the Toyota because the hole in the rim for the hub is smaller. I have also been told that Nissan-Toyota-Chevy are interchangable, but be careful of the hub size!

Throw it in reverse and grab second

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used to have stock toy rims on my 92" Nissan PU but when I wanted to put a lift on it the backspacing on the Toy rims wasnt large enough so I had to buy new rims. Good luck,
Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts