Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm offering an open invite to anyone wanting to wheel Redbird ORV next Saturday, 8/20/05. I don't know how many are interested (or how many will still be interested if the weather stays in the mid 90's with no rain). Park opens 9:00 a.m. http://www.redbirdsra.com
Going to grill burgers at my house afterwards. PM or email me for location of my home. Matt, Dale, anyone else welcome and encouraged to come. Just let me know about how many burgers to have ready.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Right now I am a probably.

Tom I can bring some Home raised Beef to offset some of the cost. It is really good but the wife can't eat it while she is pregnant and we have a whole freezer full of it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Kathy and I are in.
Just bringing my Jeep, though.

Put us down for Pasta Salad and brownies.
(If that's ok)
Oh yeah, and an extra large helping of my wonderful personality. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/codger.gif

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Toby, his kid Frankie with his Jeep, and I will be there. Bringing Chili if I don't forget. Fix chili and eggs and tortillas for breakfast if I can round up the necessaries.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All sounding good. Austin will be here with libations, I'm sure. Dee is planning a breakfast cassarole for Sun. morning and baked beans and some of her killer cookies for Sat. night. We've run off a couple batches of new salsa (maybe the best we've ever made) for an appetizer Sat. evening. How about it, Dale? Matt? Joel? Gregg? Aaron? Tim? Team Rush? Anyone else in the area? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
344 Posts
mmmmm... Tom & Dee's SALSA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm in. Don't think Tim's going to make it though. I can bring some pork to go with the burgers. Jeff and Tater get with me about what time you want to head out Friday. Looking forward to it.
Aaron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounding great so far. We got 1.8 inches of rain last night, so the dust issue went away. Temps are supposed to be in the low/mid eighties, so that's all good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
This morning it's cool here for the first time in weeks, so I fixed my favorite breakfast, and that caused second thoughts about my offer to make chili and eggs for everyone at Tom's. Without a big griddle it will take a long time to fry enough eggs for a big bunch of Jeepers. I can't get eggsited about McFood for breakfast either. Isn't there a nice greasy spoon diner around somewhere close? Maybe a diner cook would fry eggs and add them to my chili.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My exwife has a girdle big enough to put a hen house in. Oh, I see, you said a big griddle. I think we can take care of the egg frying someway. I don't have a great big skillet, but might know where I can borrow one for the weekend. That over a propane burner (as in turkey frier) should do it. Don't worry about the griddle, I'll let you know if I can't get the skillet.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
My exwife has a girdle big enough to put a hen house in.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO! I think I know her! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Joel? Gregg? Aaron? Tim? Team Rush?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Not I" said the Greg,

I've got plans that were scheduled a while back....

Take lots of pictures/video so i can live vicariously through them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Without a big griddle it will take a long time to fry enough eggs for a big bunch of Jeepers.

[/ QUOTE ]
We've got an electric griddle that we could bring. Unless you just don't want to mess with it, then a greasy diner is fine with me. Or nothing. Or cereal. Or whatever. As long as we head wheeling afterwards.

[ QUOTE ]
My exwife has a girdle big enough to put a hen house in.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/owned1.gif
And you let her get away? FOOL!!!!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I could bring my 2 burner set up if needed.

Or we could just do mcd's and make it easy on everyone. I am planning to bring enough burger for everyone so give me a count before Friday.

Can't wait. Since I have not had a day off in 3 weeks I am ready!!

G

·
Anybody who is coming this weekend is more than welcome to camp in my yard or my 3 extra sofas. Just make sure to bring blakents and pillows. Since I don't have a wife to cook stuff for this event I will bring my normal dinner meal for all to share. Hope you guys like Bud Light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/givemebeer.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jeff you offered to bring beef. Is that hamburger or is it T-bones? If its hamburger I'll pick up some buns. If its T-bones I'm going to tell everyone but you that we've cancelled and to stay home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

G

·
Tom
You that Friday is my Mom's B-Day right? Maybe we should all cruise to her house in our dirty Jeeps and sing to her around mid-night or so.
Let me know if you have any other pranks/gags we do for her, since she is 45 now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She plans to be at my house Saturday night, so maybe we should plan something special for her. Maybe a couple bottles of wine--that should do it!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
She plans to be at my house Saturday night, so maybe we should plan something special for her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aaron will be alone this weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/censor.gif

[ QUOTE ]
so we've got dessert.

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll skip the brownies then. Maybe some buns or cheese to go with the pasta salad.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts