Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture I took of my Jeep recently while out wheeling in the snow in in the 4 corners near the NM/CO line. First time I had a chance to try my lockers in the slippery stuff, lockers and ATs in snow and off camber, VERY scary.

Brad
Get active or get locked out, the choice is yours.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nice picture Brad. We go snow wheeling alot up here in Ft.Collins (when we get snow, which barely have had any) and down by Boulder. We have encountered ice on hills a number of times and now chains and a locker or a winch and a freind (to run the cable out) are mandatory for some of the trails. You do feel a little safer with a set a chains...most of the time.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
WALSTIB/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had chains, Tim, they were under the back seat tucked safely away in a box. Good place for em, huh!

Brad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Brad, nice picture, and nice Jeep. It looks like mine except with no dents and no rust. I wanted to ask what lift you have and tire size? It looks like 31's but hard to tell. What kind of lockers did you buy? I thought of doing this for winter driving. Is it only in the back and how hard was it to install?
Thanks, Jeff

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff, 33x12.50 BFG ATs, 2.5" Pro-Comp lift (Actually is 3"+) and 1" M.O.R.E. body lift. Detroit locker in the rear, LockRite up
front. LockRite was a no-brainer, The full Detroit involved resetting the backlash, but it as heavy duty a unit as you will ever see!

Brad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now, if you just could have captured a wintering herd of elk in the background, that'd be one worth framing!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Nice shot!

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif My moonguy crew is grousing/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif and complaining in between six packs because they covet your Jeep, Brad. Better make sure it is safely garaged at night, and lock up the beer. I don't really know WHAT these moonguys/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif might try if they think there could be some beer nearby./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifThey're still bummed about rolling their Jeep at Farmington last year and wrecking their favorite cooler./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brad:
Thanks for the photo. I have'nt seen good snow since rolling mine in N.Mx. in October. H*ll it was 80 here in TX last week. Wish I was there. Your jeep is looking really good. What front bumper are you sporting?
Shain

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shain, front bumper is a stocker with 5 inches cut off each end so it doesn't interfere with approach. There is a homemade
hi-lift carrrier bolted on made out of angle iron, the whole thing sprayed with the 4 wheelers best friend, black Rustoleum. A
Warn winch is mounted on a channel mount modified to hold a tow hook.

Brad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.