Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody on the BBS go wheelin in a 2wd or have seen anyone else doing it?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Most of the time I keep my (4x4) S truck in 2wd until I lose forward movement... Which, with the gov lock in the back does take a while to lose forward movement if you modulate the pedal correctly... On the dunes of Silver Lake I often keep the transfer case in 2wd for more of a challenge... Only thing is with a 2wd don't park on a slick uphill slope, park going down it, so you can get moving... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif... But you need at least a limited slip rear and even better is a locker in the 2wd since only one axle is propelling you

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My February article on ORC
(I'm finally back)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a 2wd s10, right now it has a 2" body lift and 235 bfg's. i have a 3" susp lift for it sitting on the floor next to me. i dont do much wheeling in it but i have been through some mud and dont get stuck as long as i keep momentum, but i have been stuck. having an open differential doesnt help much. but oh well, i like my truck, it does what i need it to, and thats all that counts right?

Jonathan Rogers
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't been in any mud yet, but my 2wd plays very nicely in the dirt. I'm sure I'd get stuck in mud since I've only got 3.08s with a peg legger, but come summer time, I'll have that problem fixed.

2000 GMC Sonoma, 4.3, auto, 6.5" fabtech lift with 31" BFG mud terrains

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A truck I used to drive before I got a 4Runner 4WD was a 2WD Mitsubishi Mighty Max, a.k.a the Silver Bullet. Taken I live on a plantation with nothing but dirt roads the Silver Bullet has been seen flashing through the forrest at high speeds.

To answer your question, yes I have been through some crazy stuff with the 2WD truck. Not to forget that I would be going really really fast to get through the deep mud holes without loosing too much speed. Hey I needed to get the school in the morning without getting stuck.

My advice is to purchase a locker. And make sure you have some towhooks, front and back incase you get stuck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.