Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put "screws" through the wheels into the tires? (beside drag racers), i decided to give them a try on my Q78 buchshot mudders, they are old and don't flex much even at low tire pressure, (now i'm going to try very low pressure, @5psi or something, i put a tube in one tire, just experimenting) also i just wanted to attach a picture to a post cause you can!

3/4tonYJ
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif'89YJ,4.3/th350/np231/Dana44/60

Attachments

G

·
Are you talking about bead locks? If so, they are used for serious rock crawling too. The whole idea is to be able to air down to practically nothing and not have to worry about losing your bead.

G

·
Re: not beadlocks

So, a form of poor mans bead lock or what? I may need another cup of coffe or two because I don't see where they would be doing different things.

G

·

I believe what he means is that he'd drill holes in his rim & use sheetmetal screws to hold the tire to the wheel. The mud race guys do it to keep from spinning low-pressure tires off the rim under hard acceleration. The principle is the same as a bead-lock for the most part.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G

·

don't use sheet metal screws. use proper screws for the application, they are much stronger and will get a better bite on the tire. the beadscrews do work well, not as good as a beadlock but way way cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.