Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What\'s up with 4 Wheel Parts

I vowed I would never buy anything from them again, but when I was looking for a Warn disc brake bracket Warn said 4 Wheel Parts had a ton of them (nobody else did).

They were about $20 cheaper than most other places had the other places had them. They came the next day. They were the right part number.

So I needed tie rod dust boots. Tried Napa, Offroad Warehouse, National Spring, etc. So, I tried 4 wheel Parts and they had them on the shelf.

They also correctly read the size charts for Rancho shocks and got me the perfect size. Nobody else wanted to even help if I couldn't give them a vehicle and year.

Have they changed, or has my luck changed?

-raymo
4.6 Stroker Scrambler

G

·
Re: What\'s up with 4 Wheel Parts

I have been in the store in Burbank CA several times. The countermen were very helpful. They have me convinced that at least this store is a good place to shop...
Merlin

·
Registered
654 Posts

We got our 4 Wheel Parts store this past Christmas and its great. Don't have to order a lot of stuff but then again a lot of stuff i do. Haven't had any bad things come about. I've become good friends with several of the guys who work there. A couple of weeks ago they had a customer appreciation trail ride. It was great. Met a lot of people.

97 TJ 4" Superlift, 33x9.5 BFG

79 CJ-5 2.5" Procomp, 31" Coop's, Lock Right up front

·
Registered
13,432 Posts

Hey Raymo, over the last year, or so, that place is one of the heaviest advertises in ALL the 4X4 publicaitons. Have they changed? Nope, I don't think so, but the volume of business has caused shortages, miss-filled orders and other mistakes to be made. They also seem to feel free to substitute one product for another if the desired part is not in inventory. From the scuttlebut on the forums it's taking a long time for delivery and to work out the problems. I think they're a victum of their own success.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts

leve hit it on the head.. i used to work in the santa ana store some years ago.. and they were a great bunch of guys.. great service.. i couldnt say anything bad about them..
but as leve stated.. the mail order isnt their high spot..

http://www.jeepgod.net

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

When I started out with them, I had a REALLY BAD experience, and shied away from them for a year or so. They now have new management here in Atlanta, as well as a new group of counter-guys. MUCH more friendly/helpful. Couple that with the fact that they will match ANY advertised price and I can't figure why I'd want to do mail order any more.

As a matter of fact I was on the phone with them yesterday, and the guy went so far out of his way to help me that I asked to speak to the manager to compliment him. I'm just not used to that kind of service at an off-road shop (usually it's the "young punk" who looks down his nose at your rig cause it's not a TJ). Mater of fact, I was so happy, I wrote a letter to their corporate headquarters.

Let's hope it holds out.

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts