Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, I have two jeeps. One is my daily driver and I also have a trail jeep. I am almost paid off on my TJ (daily driver) and am considering trading it in and getting a 3/4 ton truck to tow my CJ. I am also just getting tired of driving my TJ around daily. Its a 1997 SE, soft top, 3" Procomp lift, New rancho shocks, beat 33" thornbirds, american racing rims, and the rear has 4:88 gears. (I didn't do the front yet)

I only have another 2k to pay it off. If I was to get rid of it I would either put the stock 4:10's back in the rear or match the front with 4:88's. (most likely put 4:10s back in the rear cause its less expensive).

Its currently got 60k miles on it. Anybody think that the dealer would give me $7k-$8k for a trade in?

Also, my thinking is to put a stock set of tires on it, take the xenon 6" flares off, and trade it in that way. Would i get more if they didn't know that it has been off-road?

Thanks. :)

84CJ7 SOA,35's,OnboardAir,Dual winches,Full Cage,Snorkels, and more
OverMost 4WD Club

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In my neck of the woods, Blue Book says trade in value is about $6700, whereas you could sell it outright for about $10,500. that is assuming you fix the gears and lose the Thornbirds. Much better off selling outright.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts