Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isnt it 70 or 71 that the jeepsters went to saginaw?? I do belive the early ones had the steering for a brief period before the bullnose came around. Am i wrong that bullnoses only had saginaw or did the jeepster have sagi also and i am not crazy.

Thanks!!!

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Have a 71 with stock saginaw power steering. Has the specific motor mount support on frame to clear the steering shaft.

Brad.

· Registered
148 Posts
I have a 68 with saginaw power steering, but I'm sure it's converted. I had a stock 71 with saginaw and it was not converted.

· Registered
98 Posts
I have a September 69 that has Saginaw manual steering. Motor mount, exhaust manifold and all other components look original and aged as other equipment. I would assume it is original. I'll post a couple of pictures.

Attachments

· Registered
597 Posts
Dan, From July 1970, jeepsters mostly came with Saganaw steering.
When AMC took over in Feb of 1970 they just used up the parts that they inherited from the previous owners
and then started there own dumb ideas.
My Hurst came with Sagnaw, but not with power steering.
I think AMC was trying to upgrade the jeepster with the parts that already been started by the previous owners of Jeep
. Then they started to put in their own boat anchors
and they used what was on hand and as history will show, AMC made the decisions they were famous for,
[DUMB] and we got the Bullnoze...
then no more Jeepsters.
Most Hurst's came from the late 1970 run. Mine was registered as a 1970, before Sept. most Hursts were...

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.