Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a set of axles (for free) under a 78 Wagoneer "Cherokee Chief". Are they Dana 44's. I am
wanting a set to build a rock crawler out of a CJ7. Do the Dana 44's come in different width? Are these
wide ones like I need? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
they are dana 44's, but if it was an automatic, the rear axle is useless because it is offset
they are also wider than any yj , tj. or cj axle ever wwas

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My freind owns a 74 or 76 J-10 which has the same axles as your wagoneer, Dana 44's front and rear full width. Also it has an automatic and centered rear diff

Jeff
'83 Toyota long bed
5" lift, YJ front springs

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Wagoneers and Cherokee Cheifs, are 2 totally differnt trucks with differnt width axles

the Cherokee Cheif axles are most likely too wide for anything youll drive on the street

the J truck are beleived to be an EVEN differnt length, so that makes 3 differnt lenghts of Fullsized Jeep axles out there...

the Quadratrack fulltimed 4x4 systems used a rear offset dif that was only about 21 inches form the passenger side rear tire

OzarkJeep
NW Arkansas, need a Jeep T18a CJ or truck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.