Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law is getting ready to junk his scout and I am probably going to pick up the axles. What is everybody paying for their 44s? I want to be fair as he can sure use the money.

Also, what else do I need off of it for the swap? Is the year of the scout important? As in don't get them from an xx as they have baby snakes in the pumkin./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

BigHG
84 CJ7

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have seen them sell from $50 to $500 for a matched set. I think you want Scout II axles from 75 to 80. Some early Scouts have 2 piece axles. Make sure that the axles are Dana 44s, not all Scouts had them.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I sold a complete running Scout for $200, and the axles localy can be had out of a yard for $200 regardless of ratio.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Only in the front, and only if you don't want to cut them down. I have a writeup I can send on the outboarding, it's pretty simple.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G

·
Price can be anything from 50 to 500. Just be carefull with Scout axles. The fronts have zero degrees caster, so to steer straight with a four inch lift you will need to have them cut and turned. Also check the front for stress cracks and bent tubes. Scouts are very heavy. The IH V-8 weighs more than 700 pounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.