Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I recently sold a Suzuki Samaurai to a guy down the street and as part of the deal, he threw in a little four-wheeler. The problem is I'm not sure what I have. I know the following: It is a Suzuki, the engine is stamped with 175 cc, and on the frame I found a marking of LT185 and a ?model? number. This quad has NO rear suspension, independant front suspension, and NO brakes on the front end. There is also a tag for what I assume is the serial #. The fenders have had all the stickers removed, and has been painted (badly) several times. It has a 5 speed gear box with reverse. There is an indicator that rotates to show what gear it is in. It is missing the head, the seat and the housing around where the clutch would be. I was told it used to have a pull starter there. At any rate, can somebody tell me how to read the model/serial numbers and find out what year this beast is? I would love to get it running for my kids if parts are still available. If needed I can post a pic of this thing. Thanks for the help.

UPDATE:
Thanks for all the replies guys! I got some answers. It's a 1986 Suzuki LT185G. So, now that I know what it is, I can start to track down parts for it. Thanks for all your help!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: What the hell did I have?

well any atv I have ever seen has the year it was made stamped on the frame somewhere...on my old Honda Bigred3whlr it is stamped right under the handle bars...now i supose its different with suzuki but I think if you check every part of the frame you might find it somewhere under a pile of dirt and gunk...but anyway if it sayed LT185 then thats the model and its probbaly early to mid 80s I dont know if I was of any help or not but good luck...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.