Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have an older arcticcat 530 (1990) it's one hell of a sled. All it needs is a new track w/larger paddles. I'm thinking a 2 inch track because I do a lot of hill climbing and I ride off the trail a lot. I live in Washington where there's a bit of mountains and I don't ride flat ground too often. Now the only flaw I noticed about getting a 2 inch is that it might make it a bit doggier and I'd have to change the gearing. I was also thinking about a 1.5 or a 1.75. What do you guys think would be best?

Crack the throttle and hold on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1.5 inch would be best as your EXT is only a 530 and has only around 75hp.But you also have to check track clearance too.

Is it a Mountain Cat aka longtrack EXT??

BTW Cat has an 1.4 x 136 track available BUT not worth the extra$$$$ over an Camoplast 1.5

My neighbour has a 91 EXT 530 Mountain cat

Punch Da Throttle and ROOST!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a mountain cat, but their's extra slots so you can have more room of clearance in the tunnel

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am pretty sure you can only run a 1.5" track without having clearance problems on the bulkhead cooler unless you change drivers.

"Sled till you're dead"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no more than 1.5 i would reccomend the camoplast predator 1.25 i have one on one of my sleds. great track.
less slider wear
more revs
more speed too

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in Washington too. I would go to a 1.5" track your choice and gear it down two teeth. That should help you try to get to the top :)

Top Dawg!! Only the Big Dawgs Bark!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey top, where in washington do you live? I live in arlington, where do you go....I go to fish lake a lot and to seagullson. I'd go to baker but it's too crowded see ya

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, I live clase to Walla Walla. I ride the Blues allot, mostly Tolegate. I ride over in Ellensburg area, Wenanchee area, Dayton area, and I try to go to Yellowstone once a year. Might see you out on the trail!!

Top Dawg!! Only the Big Dawgs Bark!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a 89 530 MC that I bought new, it was a great sled.
I would look for a new take off or good used 1.5x136 track. The factory tracks are stiffer and work better on trails and OK off. Should be able to get one for $200-250. Go to www.snowest.com amd ask for one. All mtn guys there, someome will have one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.