Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what some of you run on the front sprocket. right now ive got a 13t, im switching to 14
because i hardly ever use first gear. also just discovered the power difference with synthetic pre-mix!!
What brand synthetic do you like?? thanks all

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Buster, i use the stock front sprocket on my 93. I use 1st gear sometimes around camp. Alot of times though i do just start off in 2nd gear like at a bottom of a hill though.

I use Yamalube 2R, i think its synthetic. What type are you using, and what did you used to run?

-cleartoy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yamalube 2R is semi-synthetic and leaves a lot of cabon deposits in the transfer ports of your cylinders. it protects the cylinder itself very well but clogs those port thus cutting back on smooth flow and robbing power. I switched to bel-ray MC1 synthetic, no more deposits in the cylinders.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats very good to know bout the oil, thanks! i was using yamalube blend. then i tried redline, big difference.
i had a 13 tooth sprocket, i just tried the 14 t and didnt like it. even with the 2 into 1 pipe i lost alot of low end.
oh ya back to the oil, i think with the synthetic my bike warms up better, and the throttle isnt sticky for the first
few minutes. too bad its so spendy, but its worth it!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey bro, what size rear tires do you run right now? I know in 87, the Banshees were geared to pull the 22" tires that came on them from the factory.

In 90, they went to a 20" tire, and have been that way ever since.

I just went in the garage and counted my sprockets(which i believe to be stock on my 93) and i have 14 countershaft, with 40 rear. Im running 20" Holeshots, and the gearing seems to be spot on. It rips through the gears. I actually had toyed with the idea of going up one tooth from there to a 15, or less 1 or 2 in the rear to make 1st gear more usable. It doesnt really bother me too much though.

hope this helped.

-cleartoy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, when lookin in the Dennis Kirk catalog, it lists the 87 to have a 13 front and 42 rear. Then for 89 and up, 14 front and 41 rear.

-cleartoy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.