Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '85 CJ7 doesn't have a power brake booster. What parts do I need to put one in? Will I have to get a new master cylinder? Will these parts bolt in even though my CJ didn't have a boosetr from the factory? I have seen a conversion for a wrangler that replaces the stock booster with one from an 80's GM vehicle, will this work on my CJ even though I don't have power brakes? The benefit of the GM booster is a dual diaphragm design that provides more power.

Thanks
Tom

1985 CJ7
4WheelDriveWeb

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For whoever is interested I just priced out the parts for the conversion. I got a quote from Collins Bros. Jeep Parts for $300 it includes bracket, mstr cyl., pwr booster(no warranty). Man that is such a rip-off. I can't believe what some of these salvage yards charge for Jeep parts. I can get a new '87 Wrangler bracket(#83502847) for $15.28, a rebuilt mstr cylinder w/lifetime warranty for $16.99($15 core), and a used GM booster for $50. That totals out to less than $100. The more I try to use Jeep salvage yards the more I hate them. It is impossible to get used Jeep parts at a reasonable price from any Jeep yard.

Thats Enough...

Tom

1985 CJ7
4WheelDriveWeb

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should look for an AMC Eagle or some other car with the 258. The parts are the same and are usually a whole lot cheaper than Jeep parts. I am just palnning this upgrade at this point. I haven't gotten serious about gathering parts yet. I still have the gears I need to install in my Dana 30. So many projects so little time..

Tom

1985 CJ7
4WheelDriveWeb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.