Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all probably know, my XJ is a 95 with a 4.0. As I have posted a few times, there were a couple of distributors for the 4.0 and mine is the one that can't have the cap upgrade done to it(drat!). But my dads 92 can. Recently, I found another 92 in the boneyard. Today, I got the idea to grab it's distributor, do the upgrade and swap it in to my XJ. But, I have no idea if it will work. I know it will fit, but will it work? I want to plug and play, no wire splicing etc. Anyone have any input before I blow some dough on another dist?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I'd make a sketch of the harness plug and see if that's the same, if so then I don't see why not. I know there have been guys who have swapped a HO head onto an older XJ and kept the older distributor but used the new computer so it must be interchangeable.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beyond actuaully pluging it in, I was also wondering if the ECM's were the same tween 91-96ish. I may go to NAPA and look through the parts books to see how long certin dists and ECM's were used. If I get the time.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to napaonline.com the dists are the same for 94-95(didn't look higher than 95) the 91-93 models are differant as well as the 90(didn't go lower than 90) and under. I'll have to look at the numbers on both my ECM and my dads ECM to see if they are the same becase I couldn't find that info on the website.

G

·
its worth a look into the pn topic. sometimes part numbers expire. this would explain why some parts with two different numbers will be identical.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I ALSO HAVE A 95 , LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.