Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just pulled off my voltage regulator from my 63 cj5. the engine had a generator but i now havea one wire alternator without an internal regulator. i am thinking about useing the the system without a regulator, should I? i was going to just fuse the alternator to the battery. The regulator i have does not correspond to the pictures of the chiltons manual. it most closly resemble the autolight,because of the three tabs on the top. The three tabs are Batt, Arm, FIELD. what do these mean, and how do i hook up the unit? Only one wire was hooked up to it and it was a power take off from the battery into the cab.
Thank you for any help
dan stewart

·
Registered
668 Posts
You need to run a regulator. A fuse will blow on over current situations not over voltage! If I remember correctly the wire to hook up on the alternator is the Batt. You may need a rectifier bridge since your old set up used a generator. I will do a little research and let you know.

Hank

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.