Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy a set of tires from a friend but i have not gone to see them yet and all i have is a couple of pictures. on the side wall it says giant and the guy says that they are dick cepecks. the tread reminds me of the mickey thompson baja HP but the side wall is different.

MUDD_RAT: 1978 Chevy K-10 with dana 44 front, 12 bolt rear 350/350/203 running 15/39/15 Mickey Thompson Baja Belted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tex,
do you know anything more about these quite giants?? sizes price what not the guy said that they are brand new

MUDD_RAT: 1978 Chevy K-10 with dana 44 front, 12 bolt rear 350/350/203 running 15/39/15 Mickey Thompson Baja Belted

· Registered
6,465 Posts
Getting a pic from him and posting them up here would help a lot. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, Gibson 3" cat back, 4L60, K&N, Rancho 3" lift, 285/75R16's on 16x8 Bajas /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They used to come all the way up to 44". I thought they had been discontinued many years ago. I only know one guy who ever had a set. He had some 44's in high school & he graduated in 1983. I'm not sure I've seen any since. If they're really in "new" condition, I'd maybe pay no more than 1/2 the retail price of a new "Fun Country" of the same size - assuming these are what you really want.

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure but I would guess they haven't made the Quiet Giants for at least 10 years. I remember seeing them advertised in the magazines when I first started getting subscriptions back in the mid 80's, but I've never seen a set in real life or seen any in magazines for a long time.

6.2Blazer

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a picture i dont know how to post it. i tried to attach it but it is too big

· Registered
5,526 Posts
How big is the picture? You can have up to 100k. Try saving it into the ".jpg" format, but if that still doesn't get it down to a postable size, you can email it to me (email address is in my profile), and I'll shrink it down and post it for you... /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My August article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land

· Registered
1 Posts
They used to come all the way up to 44". I thought they had been discontinued many years ago. I only know one guy who ever had a set. He had some 44's in high school & he graduated in 1983. I'm not sure I've seen any since. If they're really in "new" condition, I'd maybe pay no more than 1/2 the retail price of a new "Fun Country" of the same size - assuming these are what you really want. TEX http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing
Tex, I don’t know if you’re still on here. I had a set of these tires on my F150 back in 1981-82. Coincidentally I also graduated in 83 and I’ve never seen another set. They were 38’s and they looked like big, balloon tires you’d see on sand at the beach. They were the coolest I think, I’ve ever seen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts