Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with all of the 4X2s with brush/grill guards? Street riding 20 inch rims and a brush guard. Where is the winch. I mean if they think they will encounter a need for the brush guard then don't you think they might get stuck in some fresh pour asphalt?

G

·
It's called money. Some idiots just have a lot of it and buy stuff for their trucks that they never actually intent to use. They are just a bunch of wanna-be's with money. I say just drive right over them!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
they have extar money and they think it looks cool. hell, if i could invent rims with neons built in to them i would be a millonaire around here!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
there is definitely an overabundance of this in my neighborhood.....and most of 'em seem to be driven by soccer moms now! i guess mini-vans and station wagons are going out of stlye, huh?

·
Registered
908 Posts
i went to a jeep fest with the bronco this weekend and there was an s 10 their doing some of the easier hill climbs and he had a 1800 lbs winch and a bruch gaurd he ended up running over it when it fell of pretty much usless i told him

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excursions are the biggest waste! I mean you don't get a F350 to haul 100lbs of trash so why buy an Excusion to haul two kids and a soccer ball? Now I have seen some big kids but none that need the Excursion! Leather in a work truck? Might as well get a Caddy for a grocery getter.

This is the tip of what has killed the new line of SUVs. Pettersons or was it four wheel?.... anyway they had an article about factory built, trail ready rigs....they listed the Jeeps Rubicon... For a jeeper this is nice....and the H2. Who among us can afford to drive even a used H2?

POS IFS front ends...street tires on a 4WD....4WPP built rigs...........

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
H2

The H2 isn't a Hummer! It's a Tahoe with a Hummer-ISH body. Check the GM forums or a dealer's lot - they've got 14-bolts front & rear, and I think the GM guys said it was even the same frame, but I could be wrong... Anyway, it has nothing to do with a Hummer/HMMWV other than the general look of the body.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Re: H2

Havack, "Might as well get a Caddy for a grocery getter."
You must be referring to the Escalade!
AKA Escapades in my book, but oh well, I guess I just am jealous I don't have 60K to blow on this huge grocery getter with kickin' it leather and too big biggies, all shiny and rarin to hit the parkin' lot.

The Hummer is GM now, although it still was based on the military application somewhat. The H2 keeps "the look" so to speak, but is based on a GM frame, suburban or tahoe can't remember, and 3/4 ton chassis front and rear, IFS. It has the Eaton electric lockers I think. Probably not bad off road, has the 6.0, 300HP? to move the huge weight. But the cost, give me a break. I'm gonna buy one and drive to the store and park it way out in the lot, so knowone opens their door and dings my $$$$$$ investment. Sorry, I'll buy a new vette first.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts

well apparently the Excursion turned out to be too much truck for those soccer moms... it's being discontinued! http://www.auto.com/industry/ford31_20020731.htm no big surprise, it's too big for most people to use except on long trips and it's way too fu**ing nice to use as a work truck.... and NOBODY wants to put gas in that sucker

·
Registered
6,842 Posts

and dont get me started on that H2.. i crawled under one at the dealership and left LMAO, what a joke. i hope those disappear quickly too, though pulling yuppies out of "the 44 hole" will be fun

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Anyone remember the \"T-Rex\"??? *

It was a kit offered online by Jurassic Truck about 5 years ago. You had to provide your own Suburban chassis complete with engine, trans, t-case, axles, tanks, steering column, brakes, etc. Then you'd buy this steel body that looked like a HMMWV and bolt it on, and add any luxuries you wanted.

I think I still have some hard copies of those web pages around here somewhere...

**Yep - 73-91 Sub chassis, $14K steel body, MT tires & rims, and you'd have what they NOW call an "H2".

G

·
no matter how you say it, it is a chevy, go price a new john deere 4x4 tractor, for about 1/2 of that $30,000.00 you get a lot more for your hard earned $

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Re: Anyone remember the \"T-Rex\"??? *

i remember the T-Rex!
couldnt remember the name of it, though. At the time, i thought it was cool, but never thought much about it beyond the aesthetics. Couldnt figure out why people would/wouldn't want to do that. Its just as bad as driving anyone of those so-called SUV's that everyone sells these days

1 - 20 of 20 Posts