Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have an '07 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4x4 that I'd like to drive on the beach when surf-fishing. I currently have Yokahanna Geolander A/T sized 195/65/17 rims are 7" or 7.5". My issue is I would be driving on soft sand in a secluded area and well I feel that these narrow tires would more than likely dig in and well I don't want to get stranded especialy at night. I'd like to put on something like 245-235/65-60/17 but the several tire shops I went to said that I CAN'T put wider tires because it wont fit on the rim normalty I'd say their lyin but after hearin the same from so many, I don't know Buyin new rims and tires is not an option but I may just have to

I'd appreciate any info

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would think a 10 inch tire would be acceptable on a 7 inch wheel. that would only be 1.5 inches on each side, and would prevent curb rash on your wheels.

anybody else?

·
Registered
423 Posts
He may have gotten his tires in the last year and a half but, I think he is going to have a hard time putting 16" tire on his 17" wheels.

Your current tires should measure about 7.8" wide and about 27" tall. 225 should measure about 9" wide. 225 65/17 should be about 28.7 tall where 60's would be 27.8

1 - 5 of 5 Posts