Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been away from this forum to long. I come back and I read alot about a duraspark ignition upgrade by TeamRush. Where can I read more about this and then how do I do it? Can someone please hook me up with the details. If its better than the HEI I would like to try it. Thanks for the help. als.

· Registered
6,784 Posts
As long as you have the screw down distributor cap base (adaptor), you are in business...

Try an 82 on that cap adaptor.

I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After reading the write up that Austnjpr has on his web page I want to ask the following questions... This write up is about three different upgrades for the ignition one for stock to stock F150, one for TFI and one for CDI. Am I right or did I miss something? Which of these is the best? My jeep is pretty much stock with a Weber carb on it and I'd like to do the one that will enhance my performance the most. Thanks for your suggestion and all the help. als.

· Registered
6,784 Posts
The least expensive and easiest is the Cap, Rotor, Plug Wires.
Then comes the TFI coil.

The most powerful is also the most expensive... MSD.
Still beats the pants off of GM HEI or one of the aftermarket set ups though...

So Many Cats, So Few Recipes...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TeeamRush do you still need the cap, rotor, plug wires to do either the TFI or the MSD. I would prefer the most powerful which is the MSD but I want to make sure I have all the necessary parts before I start the job. Thanks again. als.

· Registered
6,784 Posts
I would do the Cap, Rotor and Plugwire upgrade no matter what.
It's almost a must if you are going to go MSD...

So Many Cats, So Few Recipes...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.