Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was helping a buddy get a new rearend for his tahoe. His ratio is 3.42. The first rearend we checked, i turned the outside wheel drum one complete turn, the driveshaft turned approx 3.75 turns so as written with paint it stated 3.73. The next one we looked at, we did the same, BUT the drive shaft only turned approx. 1.5 turns and this was suppose to be a 3.42. so what gives?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The best thing to do is to turn both wheel drums at the same time and count the driveshaft revolutions. When you tried the first axle, both wheels probably turned and you did not notice. The second one, the other wheel probably did not turn. This would cut down on the number of drive shaft revs.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
...or look at the RPO code in the glove box.

/=BTW, ****, how's your truck coming along with the new rearend? that was you, right ??? /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Shorts <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep that was me, i decide to let a local racing dude build me a new one from an old one. He stated for right now, keep it stock for the ABS stuff, but later when i go to hopping it up, then we'll swapp in lower gears if i want.
the tahoe i mentioned above, is a friend on mine, the same fella is going to swap out his rearend too. his axle tube is also bent, same side, same place, go figure??????
Dynatrac stated it would take them a couple weeks and at $3100, i got this rearend half that and built by someone i can always take it back to if i have some trouble, plus he drags, so i know chris knows what he is doing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But SHORTS, to answer your question, i got it back and it's great. Just waiting on my lift to come in, that's next.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
nice /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

what lift are you going with? i've been doing some dreaming/researching/thinking/drooling/etc etc on a lift as well.

Shorts <-- its not what you think...and don't ask what it is /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a 3" from summit, forgot what kind, it was like $140. so it should be here in a couple days. the 'ol boy that is going to help me with it got it for me. He has done about 4 trucks or so, but he said this will be the first yukon for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts