Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to find a 89 or 90 360 for my ramcharger, but only one junk yard areound here has a couple of them. they are both throttle body injected engines, but i cant tell if they are 360's or 318's. the numbers on the block dont make sense, since the two throttle body and one carburated 360 say 318 on the side. any help on how to determine what engine it is would be greatly appreciated since i am going to buy it tomorrow and want to make sure its a 360. thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All the late 60' and 70's small blocks had the cubic inches cast or stamped right on the driver's side of the block. If it says 318 it probabaly is a 318.

Mudbooger

'84 W250... 360... 727... 5" of lift and a rear locker

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOWDY / all small blocks are stamped on the left side front of the block just below the head / so if your standing in front of it its on your right just below the head parting line on the front of the block just above the power steering pump / its the flat machined part of the block right next to the head gasket/ hope this helps and MOPAR TO YA ////////////////////////////////DEANO

DODGEBOYS/84 RC/LOCKED/35BOGGERShttp://pub10.ezboard.com/bdodgetrucks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the casting number on the side may be different than the actual size. Deano is right. the number STAMPED on the block in the front on the drivers side right under the head (behind the PS pump) is the actual engine size. sometimes you need to clear away all the grease and maybe even scrap the paint away to see it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.