Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were 89 Jeep Wrangler Sahara\'s with Auto Tranny ever 4cyl?

I found a jeep recently that I'm interested in buying. The ad claims it's a 89 Sahara, automatic, with a 4cyl. engine. I wasn't aware that they ever did this on Sahara models. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Re: Were 89 Jeep Wrangler Sahara\'s with Auto Tranny ever 4cyl?

I thought all Sahara models would have had a 6 cyl. also. Maybe they are not familier with a straight 6 and they think it's a 4.

jerry

87 XJ 4.0 5spd
90 YJ 4.2 5spd
95 YJ 2.5 5spd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Open the hood and check for yourself. That is going to be the only way to make sure that somebody didn't swap in a 4 banger (highly unlikely). But all Sahara's came from the factory with the 6 cylinder.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

It's hard to reach the hood in New Jersey from Colorado but I'm still trying to reach it. The guy sent me some pics of it and it turned out that it's a 6 cylinder so I bought it for a sweet price. $3100. and I'm ready for the Alcan Springs to lift it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

check the vin to see what came it in stock, wouldn't surprise me if it is a 4 cyl. Jeep loved those 4's in the late 80's!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.