Off Roading Forums banner

Wells Fargo is Wells RippOff

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  billybisme 
#1 ·
OK, little back ground. Had a joint account at Wells, I used to have my own checking account with them, but years ago figured out they were crooks, cons thieves etc. Anyway, wife had an account that I was also signed too, couple years ago her account dipped red because of job situation, she had checking protection or checking plus whatever you want to call it, so it covered it but at a nice hefty 14%. So she had been making the minimum payment towards it, and it had continued to climb in amount. Finaly this year I was able to get financially positioned to pay off these crooks in FULL. Called their "customer service" department to get an EXACT pay off amount, then walked into the local branch office and payed them off, IN FULL. Then immediately, right then and there, closed out account with them. Told the guy I dealt with WHY I closed out the account, and that I wanted to make certain there was not going to be any crap of them trying to tell me later that I still owed anything as I am now payed off IN FULL. He assured me, yes indeed account is payed in full and CLOSED OUT.

Well, here it is a month and a half later and these turds send me a statement saying I owe them 75 dollars and change. Mind you on the statement it even shows my pay off amount and that the account is closed as of that date, yet they want to try and bill me interest and finance charges on an account that is ZERO and CLOSED. I told them "KISS MY ASS" and am filing a complaint with the BBB on Monday along with contacting the state banking commissioner and the Comptroller of the Currency which regulates national banks in our state.

The very reason I closed out my accounts with these turds years ago and why I closed out my wifes account that I was jointly attached to, because they are nothing but criminals calling themselves bankers. DO NOT BANK THERE, and if you do GET OUT NOW, RUN, do not walk, RUN AWAY FROM THEM, or they will attempt to RIP YOU OFF too.

End of my rant of the day :)

See less See more
#2 ·
I bet if they gave you 75 bucks you wouldn't be here crying about it.

What did you think a bank was? A free place to store your money? Were they suppposed to pay you for walking in the door? Look up the term business. You might be surprised to know they look for ways to make money off you.

tinycj7

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.