Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent posts about welding got me thinking about the job done in our new research building. It's got a central liquid nitrogen supply tank that feeds all of the cryogenic freezers. Well, the supply lines are just damn neat--a 3/4" inner pipe centered in a 3" outer pipe (stainless, of course) to provide insulation. I'll just say that we don't need pictures hanging up because the welding job is just pure artwork/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif. I would imagine that this might be considered one of the more difficult types of welding jobs--the double layer pipe, all welds have to be perfect to contain the pressures, etc... I wish I had a tenth of the welding talent of the crew that did this job (of course, I'd need to get a real welder and ditch the car batteries/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif).

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif I go in and out of a lot of different facilities each year, and I have to tell you I feel humbled by some of the talent that I see.....really humbled./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.