Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to enter the wonderful world of welding, but I'm not sure where to start. My main reason to learn is to be able to make stuff for my CJ. Should I take a class at the local community college over the summer? If so, what kind of welding do I need to study? Any other thoughts?

Oh, and who are you all pulling for in the presidential primaries?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
A basic class on torch (OAW) , wire (GMAW) , and/or stick (SMAW) welding will help you out in your garage.
Keep in mine for tinkering around in the garage you don't need much schooling , just a lot of practice!

I'm not going to touch the second part of this question on a board like this!
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifmaybe just a joke?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif
Wider is better but taller is cooler!

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Let's see now....who should I vote for? One party wants to disarm America and give control to the foreign troops of the UN; wants to give the Chi-Comms MORE secret missile technology in exchange for a campaign donation; wants to outlaw the internal combustion engine(that's ALL autos and trucks); wants to kill babies even after they are born; wants to give our sons and daughters to the homosexuals as soon as they start school; wants to make 50% of the US off linits to all us citizens; gee, I can't decide if I should vote for them or the party who STANDS FOR FREEDOM!!!!!!! Go outside and look at your Jeep. Imagine it with the hubs welded solid and flowers growing out of the tub. THAT'S WHAT ALGORE WANTS FOR YOUR JEEP!!!! And so do the rest of the commie-loving liberal democrats!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Dave.........Down boy, Down.
Go easy , maybe he's blind from trying to learn to weld and can't read all these posts./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have rephrased my question--it should have said something more along the lines of "which conservative are you pulling for?" Is that better CJDave?
I'm counting down the days til Slick Willy is finally out of the Oral Office.
Let's just pray that Algore doesn't become Klinton's successor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The welding thing is practicly all about practice, stick weld and wire welding are the ones I fell are more often used, with wire welding being the easiest to learn. 75% of welding is machine setup, if you don't know how to setup your machine then all the practice in the world won't net you a decent weld. As for the politics, I'm still in the WORKING force so I kinda have to look at whos going to do the least amount of damage, and the democrats usually faver the working people considerably more the do the republicans who faver the rich folks and big business. So with that said, I like to eat, I like to go to movies and I like to do a lota things that unfortunatly cost money. Without a job, I can't do all the things that I like or need to do.

Steve Smith
Union Sheetmetal Worker
Local 20, Indianapolis Indiana
Proud to be Union!

P.S. It certainly has provided my family and I with a very respectable living.
Not trying to be political, just stating what has worked for me.

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gifSteve strap your helmet on....your going to need it!
Union(ugh) & democrap?
I like to eat too , I just want to make sure that my family eats what it wants to. You talk about gooing to the movies ...if we keep going the direction that we are there all going to be propaganda films/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
MIG welding is the main one i've used... The "best" in my opinion at least for body work, because you can get it turned down enough so you won't burn through body metal... It's debateably the easiest to use too...

And for the politics question:

When we get ALgore as Prez, none of us will have to worry about having a job, the nation's going Communistic!!! Isn't it great?! The Government will provide us with EVERYTHING we need!!! All we have to do is settle for being slaves to that government and we'll all be perfectly happy.../wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

Those of us who're gonna vote conservative like to eat too, that's why so many of our basements are full of Spam®, just incase the Commies win the next one... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

I'm going to pick either McCain, or Bush Jr... I think I prefer McCain (actually I prefer one of the Libertarian (i think that's them) candidates, but won't waste a vote on them because I doubt they'll get anywhere near enough votes to win, and my vote won't go to any practical use)... But anyway, that's just me... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif However I'd vote about 5x for CJDave... When are you planning to run for office Dave?

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Dirt Dog, it's already propaganda films.. The Government is already working anti drug propaganda in them.. Actually having them do rewrites to work their anti drug propaganda in there... And I'm pretty sure there's some anti gun and anti freedom propaganda already working in to the movies as well... /wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Democrats and Hollywood have been in bed for a while. Lately, I've noticed more actors and actresses smoking in movies. Klintonomics 101???? Tax smoking heavily while encouraging it?

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.