Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif My best welder moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif is in the Persian Gulf right now, but if he were here he would gently tell you that there are a lot of limitations on gas welding. Take it from someone who has gas welded some pretty incredible stuff, it's not as versatile as it may seem. Body shops have gone to MIG welding because they can weld with out heating up everything within a foot of the seam, and then have to shrink and mess with it to get things back to normal. True....gas IS portable, but limited. If it were me; and I can't really speak for my welder moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif I would buy the same machine that Loosenut bought a month or so ago, and then save up for a torch. Victor has a homeowner grade torch by another name that is a dandy, all you would ever need. It's approximately the size as the Victor Super range is. Why don't you post on this BBS for some pieces and put a torch together by getting a cutting head here....a regulator there...and so forth? NOTHING has to match up....just has to be functional/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif GOOD IDEA!!! MAybe that's the answer to the onboard welder thing. Just have a high-amp alternator to go to an inverter/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gifand carry a wire feed welder./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.