Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It snowed today in Baltimore. By the way it was 77 degrees yesterday!! That's the way weather is here all of the time.
I used my newly fixed 4wd today and noticed that if I turn the wheel almost all the way, especially in reverse, the front wheels seem to lock up and won't roll without giving it gas. Even on a slight incline. I was wondering if this was normal or if the guy may have put some sort of locker in the front that I don't know about. (the previous owner). I can't get in touch with him anyway.
Appreciate some feedback.
Bryan/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
This may seem a little simple, but you did say at near full lock. By any chance are your tires rubbing against the frame, wheelwell, etc. A locker will make it hard to go in high traction situations, such as on rock, easy enough to check to see if there is one. Jack up the front end, lock the hubs, spin a tire. They both go same direction, locker, if only one turns or they turn opposite, open.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
Get involved or lose it all, the choice is yours!

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think that it is rubbing because it won't lock like that in 2wd. Only in 4wd. Just the front too. Gotta go get a jack today since mine fell off somewhere, or someone stole it from under my hood. Oh well, time to get a Highlift. I will check it this afternoon hopefully. It is not a full lock, but it is more than seems right. Keep in mind, this is the first time I could actally use it since I bought the thing 5 mo. ago.

· Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never had a 4wd before and I was certain I was damaging something when it started locking. It just scared the sh|t out of me this morning. Spent a lot of time getting it to work(would have spent a lot of money instead if it weren't for the guys on this site) and didn't want anything to go wrong with it in something as dumb as snow.
Thanks everyone./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.