Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finished a nice St. Patty's Day at wing night with the guys . . .

In the morning I picked up my Jeepster Body from the rhino/paint shop. Boy, I love that Spruce Tip Green. We sat the body on the frame Wednesday evening, and I finally got to boltin' it down Saturday. Going out later today to keep re-assembling. Hoping to have it fired up again over my spring break (from high school teaching/coaching) in mid-April.

Got my stainless brake lines from Fine Lines Tuesday night -- most perfect timing. They look nice, too.

Check out the pics. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

By the way . . . a 1997 Dodge Ram long bed makes for the perfect Jeepster Tub carrier. I bought it last summer for my project and it's been wonderful. It's now for sale (I've $3800 in it) if anyone wants it. Great running truck.

Just added another project, too -- for the wife -- his and hers Jeepster -- a '66 Classic Convertible.

Have fun,
cb

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
No, that's not a Jeepster. It only has ONE color of paint, there's no OTHER color showing through on the corners, and something besides Krylon actually stuck to it. Nope, can't be a Jeepster.
Whatever it IS sure looks nice, though.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the posts -- even that cheap shot about my other ride.
Let's see . . . I've owned 6 and a half Jeepsters in my life and six Civics . . . time to get another Civic to even the score.
I couldn't believe the amazing similarity between the stock Honda color and the stock Spruce Tip Green. I think some Japanese guy got a hold of a Jeepster back in the day and liked the color. By the way, the Rhino was specially pigmented to match the Spruce Tip and it does wonderfully.

And . . . about that '66 Vert.. It's an 8701... It's definitely the next "project." I found it just down the road, believe it or not, no long trips. Automatic, runs (though I haven't started it yet), body has very, very little rust. Someone else must've taken it apart because they didn't put much back together. Missing the convertible top bows and bracket, the aluminum trim, decorative interior panels, and the title, unfortunately, but for $400, I've got plenty to work with. I wish I would've gotten that convertible partster found in the Pa. junkyard a few months back -- would've made a complete vehicle for just a few hundred bucks. Oh well. I'll try to post pix sometime soon. I've been preoccupied.

Have fun,
cb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.