Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After anxiously waiting to install my new Weber, I got the bottom adapter on and when installing the top adapter plate, I found that one of the screws only turned freely in its hole in the bottom plate - no threads. Upon further inspection, it seems there were threads there at one time. Upon even further inspection, it appears that the plate has been used before - traces of old sealant, nicks, scratches. This really pisses me off. I had a "deer harvesting" weekend planned and now I have to take the wife's van. How embarrassing!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can see a "reading of the Riot Act" coming. Maybe they have an easy return policy, but if they take stuff back, they need to inspect it before reselling.

Mark

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Simply call them, explain the situation, have them forward 2 new adapter plate parts to you, and have them include a return tag, or return postage, for you to return the old plates.

...though I would check to see if the rest of the parts have been used before, at this point. If there is any question, return the whole kit for a new one.

Good luck
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMTs,9000#winch, hm swing out TC/HL mount ,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No riot act here. My philosophy - "It is what it is".

I called Rosser and they refered me to Redline/Weber as I expected. Rosser understandably wants to make sure they get their money back from Weber, so they have to have authorization to refund/replace. Weber RECORDING says they will "get back to me within the hours of 1pm and 5pm California time". Crap, the whole rest of the USA is getting off work at that time, and since it takes a while to get to the house, what are the odds I'll talk to Weber this week...?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are understandably frustrated, I would tell Rosser to send you a new plate. It's not your problem, it's theirs.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it comes to that, I won't hesitate, but I always like to give the other guy first crack at getting it right.

Doug88YJ
God bless Conservative America

·
Registered
808 Posts
After having spent thousands of dollars at Four Wheel Drive Hardware and getting screwed on a bad transmission part, I believe that any Customer Service dept. will make you happy. Now when I buy, I pray that the part is correct the first time, works as designed and lasts as long as the original.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Call Rosser's and work your way up the food chain to Leon himself until you get some satisfaction. You could also mention that a lot of people on this forum and on the PartsMike forum (sponsored by Rosser's) are watching to see how this works out. There is such a thing as next-day delivery, too.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
loosenut,

Thanks, those are ideas I have considered, and I will definitely resort to them, should I get no satisfaction from the "give the other guy a crack at getting it right" approach. It's 4pm my time (2pm Weber's), and I'm still waiting for the call back.

Doug88YJ
God bless Conservative America

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.