Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I reset the distributor timing by putting cylinder 1 at Top Dead Center (TDC), then adjusted the distributor so that the #1 spark plug wire aligned with the rotor point (hey, I got within a quarter inch of the center of the range!)

Then I reset everything to the suggested Weber starting point and got it running. It idled at 2k on the tach and I was able to lower it to 1850 but stepping on the accelerator caused it to hesitate a bit. I sprayed various joints on the outside of the carb and on the adaper plate with WD-40 -- no jumps in RPM, so there are no vacuum leaks!

The water temp went past the half-way mark indicating, according to my local carb experts at work (if you can trust guys that work on TV equipment...) that it is running pretty lean.

I'll start in on the idle screw tomorrow and see if I can work the idle down to something normal like 700 RPM...

For those who own a Weber 32/36 DGAV, will I be successful?

Finally, This is a daily driver project and when done, I am gonna thoroughly document what I did and post it on the web with pics so others can do a DIY Weber swap (only the adapter was purchased from Calmini, the rest was fabricated or bought used...).

·
Registered
475 Posts
i run 1100 rpm on webers after warm-up as idle- without
choke most webers stumble a little till warm- on your fuel/air screw adjust for highest rpm then re-adjust idle
after--oldzuki

88 spoa samurai/weber/isky
97 sidekick sport
those that can samurai those that can't ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts