Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of the weather strip that goes on the hardtop, around doors, or should I say windows.
Does anyone know where to find this stuff? I am getting ready for winter again!!
Cheers, Linda

1970 Jeepster
1988 Harley Davidson

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Linda,
Try search for "rubber". I made a detailed post at some point and even brought it back to the top recently.
Hope you're coming to the Jam!
RQ

PROUD! member of the EASTERN CHAPTER!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I believe Metro Rubber has them too. They're in Minneapolis, MN. Ph. 800-878-2237 or 612-757-0310. http://www.metrommp.com

Tim
'66 Jeepster Commando w/Buick 252/4.1L V-6
'70 Wagoneer w/Buick 350 V-8
'76 Wagoneer w/AMC 401 V-8 (sold)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys , for all the options.
i'd love to come to the JAM, my jeepster wouldn't make it!! However, I am presently on sick leave from work, so sorta tied to the home front..maybe next year, all going well. I need new knees like,,was it Bobster? What was that part number,Bobster?,left knee first!

1970 Jeepster
1988 Harley Davidson

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Linda, I just had my left knee replaced 5 weeks a go and am still healing slowly. Do one at a time. Wish you luck!!!!!

AJC founder and president

·
Registered
560 Posts
Linda!! What's this about "GETTING" ready for winter again. I've gotten all the Yanks down south, believing that's it's "ALWAYS" winter up here...shhhh./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif .Honestly, surely you can't still have ice flowing under the "Confederation" at this time of the yr! All us tourists out west in Ontario are expecting to visit an Anne of Green Gables picture perfect island this summer./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Dan
'67 8701 Deluxe
JEEPSTERS and their Owners - Friends for Life.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim, Glad to hear you are healing,,I knew someone just had a knee done.Couldn't remember who it was..i am not in line for replacement as yet,so am trying to keep fit and prolong the big operation,,So keeping that jeepster on the road qualifies as a therapy for banged up knees!
Dan, what part of Ontario are you in? No ice under the 'confederation.' It sure is cool though,,risk of frost tonite.We hope to have at least 1 month of summer this year,so maybe July. Are you going to the Jam?
Cheers, to all the great guys on this net.
Linda

1970 Jeepster
1988 Harley Davidson

·
Registered
560 Posts
Linda, I'm in southwestern, about 20 kms N.of Kitchener, 15 kms NW of Guelph. Can't make it to GA in June, have to stay here and wait for the mail man. (he's pretty good about getting my parts here from Mark V. in St. Louis) Actually, work precludes me from getting away just now and the Jeepster is still @ the resto shop, and I'd really like to take her down only when she's finished. I expect to have lots of parts left over to take down and swap or have John and the guys raffle off at an event (kinda like to return some favours to everyone down there)./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Are you going down this year before the bridge freezes over./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif By the way, got my door seals from Metro like most of the folks are suggesting, very good quality, but softer than O.E's were. You've no doubt noticed the 2 of us on the Eastern Chapter roster map. Any more Jeepsters on the island that you know of? Only about 6 known to exist over here and that's with our population near 7 million. Guess that makes us as rare as finding a McDonald's in Murray Harbour down on the south east coast eh! Save me some McCains' curly fries.

Dan
'67 8701 Deluxe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dan, You seem to know a little about PEI, eh? WE have lived in Windsor, some 30 yrs ago, when first married. My husband is a british car nut, so we had a ball in Windsor, then made a lunar landing in Sudbury. I am from PEI , so back we came!! I don't know any Jeepsters here,,there is a true convertible for sale in New Brunswick,is in the Auto Trader here. If you or anyone else interested, I can send a copy of the ad. I have a 73 bullnose, just for parts. I haven't seen any on the road in the maritimes in at least 12 years.
I did notice that we are the only Cdn members. I sold a set of wheel covers to a guy in Manitoba, he has a convertible,,very nice. Did you buy yours recently,,as I was in contact with a guy in TO with one and I do beleive he sold it.
Nice making contact with you,,maybe you will drive it to PEI, soon?
Cheers, Linda

1970 Jeepster
1988 Harley Davidson

·
Registered
560 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Linda...I have 3 Jeepsters, actually 2 are part..sters and the final unit which is under resto is the '67 "true" deluxe. I've had mine for 1 1/2yrs. The one in T.O. might have belonged to Rand Montgomery..it's a wagon and he tried to sell it to me...really rough so I was told. "THE" one in Manitoba came from AB and I tried to buy it 1 1/2yrs ago before present owner got it. It belongs to John Parrott and is quite nice ...red and white. He and I have 'e' d several times and he's graciously sent me several pics to aid in my resto job. There are only two .verts west of Ontario that we know of, his and the rarest Jeepster EVER made, the '67 Worlds Fair edition, which is beautifully restored and living in B.C. I'd love to drive down to the island with my .vert once she's finished...probably a yr from now. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Dan
'67 8701 Deluxe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, you know your jeepsters. I am just learning as I go along..i have been brainwashed by my husband in to thinking British cars are the only real rigs, but I have managed to break away from the hold.. I rec'd an email from John P just yesterday with a pic of his convertible,,it is nice, How come everybody in Canada has a convert but me???
Cheers, Linda,,it was all of 20degrees here today, finally summer has arrived and the mosquitoes are eating us alive! they are really bad, so bring the potion if you come to PEI this summer!

1970 Jeepster
1988 Harley Davidson

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whay yea talkin bout, eh?? Us Joes' here in Canada don't talk funny, do we??
Linda

1970 Jeepster
1988 Harley Davidson

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.