Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
After replacing my top recently, I replaced the weather stripping beween the convertible top and the top of the windshield. I didn't keep track of part numbers or manufacturers, but this is what I did. I used a two inch wide flat rubber strip that I found at Home Depot glued to the underside of the convertible top and some wide stripping with a flap that compresses from Pep Boys. The key being that the seal is rubber to rubber rather than trying to seal to the underside of the top. For the first time in 30yrs it doesn't leak!

Chris in Texas

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ed,

I reread your post and am not sure what pieces you are looking for. Metro Rubber makes replacement moulding that fits around the bottom of the doors. Mine was a perfect fit. They also make the piece that seals between the wing window on the door and the windshield. The same kit include the pieces that seal between the roof and the top of the door. The rubber is interchangeable between the hardtop and convertible, i.e. both tops have the same channel that fits the rubber moulding. The kit they send you has pieces long enough to fit back over the rear triangular windows. For a hardtop you just cut the excess off.

I was able to get Slagle strips(rubber and felt strips that sandwich the window glass) for both the front windows and the back windows. I also got the rubber slide-in piece that fits between the rear triangular window and front window from Jeepsterman.

Pieces that I haven't found: Rubber around wing windows and the piece that screws onto the convertible frame and seals between the convertible top and the rear triangular windows.

Jeepsterman in New Jersey should have all the pieces that are available. Just try to catch him on a good day or talk to his wife.

Chris in Texas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.