Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok fellas im doing my spring over and putting in my lockers since ive got it all apart im gonna water proof everything.
what kind of silicone or RTV do i use?
do i put it on every joint?
any hints tricks or hard learned lessons appreciated
the grease in the knuckles is there a special one i need to use

Mark
90 samurai F.I jx interior
96 sportage 4x4 wifes grocery getter.
"Life is short play hard"

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
For the diffs, what you could do is use silicone on the locking hubs, just a very thin layer on the mounting surfaces and the hub covor. You could also put some where the spindle and backing plates connect to the steering knuckle.
I was getting pissed off, everytime i went wheeling i had creme color oil, so i went to home depot (or revy), got some clear tubing i belive it was 1/2" OD, but it was too small, if youre going to do this get 1/2" ID. Anyways i had to put it in hot water to squeese it on, but it workes.
What kind of joints are you thinking about? The steering knuckle?

87 samurai, 33" mud tyres, rear locker, baby rock lobster, fast back bestop top, custom bumpers, gator guard 2 interior, expander shackles, rear springs up front, soon cj's in rear, lawn edging flares

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i put the tubing on the vents where do i run the tubing too??
ya the joints on the knuckles
Mark
90 samurai
96 sportage 4x4 wifes grocery getter.
"Life is short play hard"

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
No dont put silicone on the knuckles.
Run the lines up into your air box or somwhere high up.

87 samurai, 33" mud tyres, rear locker, baby rock lobster, fast back bestop top, custom bumpers, gator guard 2 interior, expander shackles, rear springs up front, soon cj's in rear, lawn edging flares

·
Registered
313 Posts
run your tubing up high in the engine compartment--leave plenty of slack for axle movement--put a donward bend in the end-don't crimp it-and put some sort of filter element on the end to keep dust out. i used pieces of an old foam lawnmower filter secured by zipties! good luck!!

cueball
88 hd-top,1.3with weber, calmini cam,headers & 2" exhaust, jacobs ignition, 3" national spua , 4.16 tc gears, 88.5 5th gear,29x10.50 swamper tsl sx's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.