Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today in good ol cleveland, it rained like i haven't seen it rain in a long time, but anyway, as i was doing my daily driving in the rain, i noticed that my clutch acts funny now, it seems like it its stiffer and kinda vibrates now when i push it in. if i'm in neutral and push the clutch in it feels like something is in there, then if i do it again its gone and everything is fine, if i put it into 1st and go and then go to second that wierd feeling is there again, unless i pump it twice, the jeep still changes gears ok, and it doesn't grind or anyhting, but is there a possibity that with all this rain, that i could get water into the tranny or clutch assembly, or something??
BTW this is for my 95 wrangler with the AX-5
thanks guys

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've got a load of water in your tranny. Change that fluid ASAP, the water is preventing the synchros from lining up the gears when you shift, that's why the double-clutching works. Just remove the fill plug and see what comes out. You might also want to get a couple of quarts of tranny fluid (whatever yours calls for) and a hand pump. Pump the fluid inot the fill until you start getting pure tranny fluid back out. At first you should get a water/tranny fluid mix.

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a Chevy TBI 350

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may have lost your pilot bearing in the back of the crank. A worn out/broken pilot bearing will allow the clutch disc to get off center in relation to the flywheel/clutch cover and cause a vibration and/or incomplete release. This may happen one time you release the clutch and not the other. That it happened in the rain may be a coincidence. To fix it, you will have to remove the trans and the clutch. Good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thanks for the info guys, just remember tho, i was just driving on normal streets and not any water pits, so any water that could have got me was from the tires, and it seems to be getting better.....?? and also now it won't do it like if i'm driving on the highway at 3000rpms and i down shift, or if i bring the rpms up and press it, if the rpms are low it does it...

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.