Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
welp if anyone has been reading my other posts, i finally figureed out my problem, i have so much water in my carb thats why my 4.2 won't run right!, any one know how do get it to go away and quick!! thanks, its an 88 with a carter P.O.S on it!
thanks!!
mikey

(\/)ikey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check your tank for water or just drain it, after that use dry-gas every time you gas up until the problem is gone. Also change you favorite gas station they may be getting cheep gas or have a tank problem of thier own, let them know so us other 4x4's don't have the same problem, most of the time they just do not know they have water.
Another thing to check is the fuel tank sender, if it is not sealed right or the locking ring is loose water will run into your tank from the top, this will happen even if you are running down the highway in the rain.
WSM

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,707 Posts
The best would be to take the top off of the carb and get all the water and gas out of the float bowl. I
guess you could pump the accelerator with the engine off untill the bowl was empty and just let it
evaporate out of the manifold. Those new fangled carbs do still have accelerator pumps don't they?

The question is how did the water get in there to begin with. If it came in through the carb, no more
problem. If it came from the tank, you need to completely drain the tank AND the fuel lines AND the
fuel pump or it'll do it again.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif There was a post not long ago about a "drowned" Jeep and some posters gave the procedure for getting rid of water. Apparently you cannot GET water outa the carb so easy as just squirting out with the acc pump.....some dismantling is necessary./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif You could also write to the POS corporation, makers of the carb and ask them./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.