Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering how bad it is for the jeep to get a little water in the carb and what I should do with my k + N air filter to prevent the problem. Also while out the other day I think the distribuater got wet because the jeep was kind of spuddering and skipping due to water? Is there any kind of water proof spray I can use on my plug wires? I like to have fun but don't really want to ruin my jeep so how much damage can the water cause?

Jeeps are Built not Bought

G

·
A little water in the carb is good, it will blast away carbon deposits in the cylinders, a Lot of water can bend a connecting rod or bust a piston...silicone spray will work for the wires, K&Ns are pretty good, I run a oiled foam prefilter over mine...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ahh just like he said it wont hurt till you run the damn thing under water when your stuck in a whole that is so deep your pedals are deep sea diving. Then you need some repairs just like mine is having done as we speak... I would invest in a snorkel if your gonna play. Or if your cheap like me make one you can find many on the net.. Good Luck

88 YJ Laredo 2" Body 31" Duelers MT MTX Sound Sys Just love fixing it every weekend...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.