Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grenaded one of my hubs and was curious if anyone had ever used warn's lifetime guarantee to acquire a new one. These are warn's premium hubs, but I scored them in a junk yard ie... no receipt.

Nuke the unborn gay whales for Jesus

G

·
Probably will be tough. The warranty is to the original purchaser of the hubs. They will often ask for the receipt. You may get lucky and find a dealer that will swap them out without asking to many questions.

Dan
"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing. "
-- AlbertEinstein

·
Registered
352 Posts
This is very true. I called them and asked them about the exchange. I was told I need to produce a reciept and that it would be taken care of. I got the set of hubs sold to me through this board

I still have it on my wall of shame in the basement

Chu
79 CJ/89 YJ tub,32/36,HEI,Jeep T-18/Dana 20 with homemade twin stick,4" lift,35 MT/Rs, on-board air,D44 rear,D30
front,both locked,Warn 8274 winch,Warn front axles

1977 F-350 dually

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I just warrantied a Warn Hub today, but I had a receipt from the set of spares I bought. You will have trouble warrantying a set from a couple of years ago, with a new receipt, though. They recently(when????) improved the D44, design with a taller locking assembly, that has a different and very noticeable spring and actuating assembly.
I powdered the inner locking splines, a few weeks ago. The local shop I bought them from warrantied them within a day, after contacting Warn.

Jeff
89 YJ
(sensibly altered for occasional off road use)
Vision without Action, is a Daydream. Action without Vision is a Nightmare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts