Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Warn Full Floater rear axle for my TJ (D44). Has any one else on this board used this axle. ANy comments regarding it (good or bad)? It should be arriving tomorrow. I needed to replace the factory axle shafts because they were bent in a roll-over accident. Warn seemed like a good replacement choice. Are there are any really difficult installation issues I need to prepare for.

Ben

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That's a great set up I have the same (but made by summers bros.) I believe that the warn is made better which is a pluss . Have you concidered the power loc rear diff?
with my set up I have hubs in the rear. I'm assuming with a warn floater kit will come with them. At any rate have fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if the jeep was rolled make sure to have the housing checked for straightness. if it is bent and not fixed you will have problems running a floater.

dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not a complicated job if you read and follow the instructions. Hubs are an option. They will save your transfer case if you tow your jeep, otherwise they are a weak link. Strongly agree you should check axle housing to be sure it is not bent also. Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try and find someone who can verify that the housing is not bent. If it turns out that it is is there any way it can be corrected? Or do I need to look for a new axle housing? If thats the case I'm thinking I might be better off returning the Warn axle kit and just buying one of those Currie high pinion rear axles. What do you think?

Thanks,

Ben

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.