Off Roading Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I bought the Warn 8274 on Ebay for $425.. I haven't got it yet, but I will let you know how it does..

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well, I got my winch today that I bought off of Ebay. I know it is a Warn(I think). It has an old sticker on the motor. All I can see is the outline of the W. I looked all over the case for a SN. I can't find one. The brake on it kinda threw me. It is a lever style w/ a steel band and a shoe material underneath. I know it has power in. I am not sure about reverse. The remote looks like it could have been replaced. The control box is homemade and the solenoid is shot. Can anyone tell me what model it is??
Oh yeah, the cable is not 150' either. not sure what it is, but it is too big to be 5/16" and there is no way that it has more than 50' on it.

76 CJ7, 258,Jeep T18, D20 TC, D30 & AMC20.
4" Superlift, 33" SSR's

G

·
I bought a used 8274 years ago and had some questions, so I called Warn's customer service people in Milwaukee, (Portland), Oregon and they treated me like gold. They answered my questions and sent me free owners manual. I'd call info and get their number.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
What you probably have is a warn bellvue. Take a look at this link
http://bbs.off-road.com/wwwthreads/...djeepshort&Number=301424&page=&view=&sb=&vc=1
Look at all of the pics not sure which one has the better shot of my winch. If it is a bellvue it is very powerful but it doesnt have power out. The solenid, brake, and free spooling was all cable contolled so that may be what you have. If you have any questions let me know and i will see if i can help.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I called Warn today. They told me that what I got was an old 8K upright. They said they don't carry parts for them anymore, but they give me the phone # of a guy in MN that had them (parts).
The lever that shifts it in and out of gear got broke off in shipping, I presume, it is a new break. He had one of those for $50 and I also got a new solenoid for $15. He also had the cable cheaper than 4wheelparts.
I unspooled the cable today, it has about 80' on it so it has been replaced. When I buy new I will put a loop on both ends and use this one for an extension. Anything wrong with this idea? Thanks for you help pontiac58, wade

4" Superlift, 33" SSR's

·
Registered
900 Posts
On the lever that broke off in shipping, that may be covered by the shipping co. You would have to show that it was packaged properly, etc. I know UPS ground automatically carries $100 insurance. It may be worth a call.

-raymo
4.6 Stroker Scrambler

·
Registered
523 Posts
I might have a problem there.. Like a fool I threw the box away already. I called UPS they are supposed to call me on Thurs hopefully I can get them to pay to fix it.

4" Superlift, 33" SSR's

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.