Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warn 3\" CJ suspension lift

Does anyone have the Warn 3" Black Diamond suspension lift on their CJ?
I was wondering what your experience with this lift was, what the kit comes with.
Any help is help.

'78 CJ7 304, rust, inspected!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Re: Warn 3\" CJ suspension lift

1. What size tires do you run
2. Do you have any additional lift with this (i.e. shackle, body lift etc.)
3. Who did you get it from
4. Did you have to extend the driveshaft
5. About how much did you pay (if I may ask)
6. How do you like the ride?
7. Are you overall, satisfied with it?

8. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for letting me know, not many people have this lift.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I am running 32" but I am moving to 35". I have a 1" daystar body lift, 3/8" shackle lift and just installed TJ flares on my CJ this will allow the 35" to fit. I did not need any drive shaft modifications but this could vary from truck to truck "ie: I could have gotten lucky" I bought mine through quadratec, only because I had a 10% off discount. I paid about 500.00 and also had to buy a pitman arm, the CJ kit does not have one like the YJ kit does. Also sway bar disconnects were purchased at the same time. The quality of the springs is great, and Warn backs thier products, the ride and flex are really good, the only thing I added were greasable shackle's and main-eye's from Daystar. The kit cost more than others but not as much as some, the military wrap is getting hard to find on other springs. I do know that you can get the lift from http://carparts.com for about 650.00 but you can also use thier 1/3 off promotion to get a fair price. if you have any more questions let me know. AustnJPR

AustnJPR

http://www.geocities.com/austnjpr/

·
Registered
1,217 Posts

The ad & quadratec said I could run 33's, I saw you run 32's do you think you could have fit 33's under it (before your recent modifications for 35's)? Also, did your greaseable shackles provide any extra lift. The dude from Quadratec said that the kit included a drop pitman arm (I asked him about 3 or 4 times to be sure). They list it at $599, maybe they altered the kit contents since you got it. I really appreciate your help. It seems like a good kit & not really too expensive considering that you don't really have to have much else (other than maybe new brake lines) & you don't have to make any drivetrain modifications. PS, just an other question (since you have a very similar jeep to mine), What gears are you running?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

You could fit 33" but with the sway-bar disconnected they will rub, the greasable bolts and bushings from Daystar go in the shackles, so they themselves do not provide any lift. If you must replace shackles I would not recommend anything over 3/8" lift. Unless Warn has changed the kit for the CJ it does not provide a pitman arm. If there is any doubt I would talk to Warn directly and not Quadratec. http://www.warn.com I had a problem with Quadratec when I ordered my lift from them, since my 86 CJ had the factory 44 rear end I needed different u-bolts than what came in the kit. Well after about 8 u-bolts and a lot of complaining to Quadratec, I called Warn and the next day I had the right u-bolts and a few new stickers too boot. I am not saying dont order from them just dont trust what they say as much as the manufacturer. One last thing you will need longer brake lines when you install the lift, so factor that in to your cost. By the way I am running 3.31 gears but will be moving to 4.10 or 4.56 in the next month or so.

AustnJPR

http://www.geocities.com/austnjpr/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.