Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who lives in Las Vegas who just bought a 1995 Jeep, think he said a Sahara (maybe wrong on the name). It came with factory soft top and steel half doors. He would like a factory hardtop with full doors. What should he expect to pay for the hardtop and what $$ should he ask to sell what he has? Thanks for the input.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ouch .. he is really looking to spend a lot of cash, eh?

Here in Canada, (if my Jeep didn't come with the hardtop and full doors) I would expect to pay around the $3500 mark for those three pieces, but of course, the doors are not painted, no hinges, no insides either .. more cash to finish 'em off ..

Its easier getting it with hardtop and full doors, then getting the 1/2 doors and soft tops (much much cheaper!).

Laters!

Vance - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1985 4x4 S-10 and 1988 Jeep YJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your friend's best bet would be to look for a used one. I got a CJ-7 hardtop and full doors for $700 off of E-bay/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. They needed a little painting and new hinges, but it was a lot cheaper than anything else out there. Another alternative if he wanted a new top would be to get an aftermarket one with the hard uppers for the soft doors--total cost should be about $1600.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen used tops and doors from $600-$1000. A factory set is much nicer than anything I've seen aftermarket.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'll start exporting hard-tops and doors to Canada! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I know it's marks, but WOW! 3500 (oh yeah, that's 1750 USD... the exact same...)/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

Jon-YJ94
I'd rather be...
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Naekid isn't that far off the mark. When we ordered our TJ in 1996, we ordered the full and 1/2 doors (with both tops), only the full doors arrived. The dealership forgot to place the 1/2 door order (on purpose, but that's another story). So we looked into the door options, buying them from the factory. Guess what? The 1/2 doors (and full doors, similar price, but it was 1996 & 1997) were $900 EACH, unpainted. Needless to say, we didn't get them. I bought a set of CJ-7 & 8 soft doors and retrofitted them for the TJ. Don't work that bad, but don't seal as well as I'd like. Still better than nothing in a rain storm. I have seen the aftermarket tops (looked at one this am in a catalog) for $1,400, but it was the Targa top (removable front section). I'm sure you could find one cheaper new and a lot cheaper used.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205/7" Lift/33" Swampers/D44's F&R 4.10's & Lockrights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.